Freitag, 2. November 2012

My last whole school week at St. Hilda's

Monday:

I just had an average day I guess. During PE we played really funny games like „Brennball“ with a tennis racket and „long ball“. That is o much more fun than in Germany.

Tuesday:

It was really sad... I had my last student assembly. In assembly all students meet in chapel and play games, get study tips and talk about the daily notes.

Wednesday:

That was a very sporty day. Before lunch we played basketball in PE and it was actually really hard exercise. Over the last month I lost a bit of my fitness, but it was really good. Unfortunately I had a little accident with another girl and now my nose hurts and I have sore knees. Later in Outdoor Education I was very disappointed, because we wanted to go surfing, but instead we just had a hot chocolate in a cafe. Finally it was nice and relaxed, a good ending. Ms Fletcher also offered us to go to the rail trail biking tour in Clyde in December.
In the evening was Halloween, but in New Zealand it isn't really popular same as in Germany. There were still groups of kids outside who knocked on the doors to get sweets. The first time we pretended to be not at home, but he second time we had to open the door, but we only gave the kids sweets we didn't like :)

Thursday:

On Thursday we had a whole year assembly. This was an art award ceremony and the choir and some other girls sang songs. It was impressive and overwhelming. It didn’t know that the girls are sooooo talented and I thought about my own life and that I didn't even know, that you have so many opportunities in New Zealand to succeed in.

Friday:

Friday was a really exciting day with a lot of surprises. In the morning we had quiet a famous guest at school: the prime-minister of New Zealand John Key!!! Pretty amazing uh? :) He visited the lessons and gave a speech in front of the school. I know that a lot of people have different opinions on him, but to me he seemed really nice and his speech was very funny. Unfortunately me wasn't given the opportunity to shake the prime minister's hand rather than taking a photo with him, but some other girls were lucky enough to do this.
Some other international girls from my year and I had to go on the stage too, because we were fare welled.

Then we had a special chapel. It's called prefix chapel and it means that all the head girls prepare a movie or a play to present to the school. The played „The St. Hilda's Games/Hunger Games) and it was pretty amazing how many details from the movie they brought into their acting.

Clyde
How I already mentioned we were planning to go on the cycling trip (which is now set with my parents). It is from the 2nd to the 4th of December and we will bike to Clyde. We are going with Mr West's PE class and we will stay at a camping ground for the night. I will share a tent with my friend Zoe. But first we had to practice how to built a tent. I've done this before with my best friend in her garden, but that was five years ago, so this refreshing exercise was very useful. It only took us a couple of minutes, but when we tried to back everything back in the bag, it was so windy that the different layers almost blew away.
I also have to add, that it has been a really hot and sunny day with probably 25 degrees and I almost died in my uniform. But it was so nice to feel the beginning of the spring. But later you will read that the weather developed a by different than expected. :)

In lunchtime I did something good for people who doesn't live such an fortuned live as us by buying a cupcake. The earned money goes to a charity organization.
In my French class I had to sit a french vocab test with 60 words, but it was actually alright, because my french crew (Alice, Karri, Harriet, Kayla and Georgia) helped us and so we all got enough words right to get a little present (in my case it was a pencil).

During my English class we had a party (party= everybody brings something t eat or drink and we eat it together). That sounds lame, but it's always really nice with a relaxed atmosphere. I already did this I French before the holidays (we made Crepes) and next Tuesday we'll have a french breakfast.


I finally came home and we had pizza (yummy) with salami. Then when we wanted to put the washing outside it suddenly looked really dark at the sky and there appeared huge clouds. But it didn't rain yet.
It got really windy and then... Boom, the power was switched off!! It was just for a few minutes and not serious, because it was still light outside. Later it actually happened again, but this time the power-cut was for two hours and we had to put candles in the whole house. It was so quiet then.. no TV, no radio, no CD.
It was funny but I couldn't live like this longer than a few hours.
When this happened I realized how hard it must be for the people in New York not living with an access to power and only limited water. I feel really sorry and I hope the situation will be better soon. We can only hope for them.
This was an exciting day with lots of things I've done.

Saturday:

Tomorrow I will stay at Sophie's and will cook spaghetti carbonara for her and her host family, because she never gets pasta :( pour girl.

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will still have school, but from Thursday next week we will do day trips with Maggie. (We= German and Japaneses girls) 

But the school isn't finished yet. Next week we will have three more school days.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen