Dienstag, 20. November 2012

Internatinal Farewell (13th November)

In the morning I had a nice sleep in and a delicious breakfast with berry cornflakes, jogurt, bananas and grapes. I took the bus around elven o' clock to town. Then we had a rehersal for the upcoming international farewell in the evening. My task was to „host“ the farewell. That means I before and after a performance (mostly speeches or music performances but also one comedy act) I had to go up on stage and announce the next act, thank the last one. First I was a bit nervous but I made some notes and I hoped everything we will go right.
I was also involved in a reflection of our (German girls) time in New Zealand accompanied by a photo presentation. We had more than hundret photos and I think we gave a good insight of the half year we spent here.
The actual farewell started at 5.30 pm and there almost everything went right.
The older girls from Year 13 gave speeches and it was so sad even the teachers were crying. Because most of the Thailand girls stay here for 5 years and it was pretty hard for them to go back home.
After we got our certificat and the Teddy bear wearing an St Hilda's T-shirt I forgot to say that there was a last performance (a song sang by every internatinal girls) and wanted to end the farewell a bit earlier. Fotunately everbody else knew what was coming next and we dind't forget it.
At the end we could eat some sandwichs and cakes in the library.
And if you wonder why Sophie and I look a bit odd in our uniforms it's because we wanted to receive our cerificate in the traditionel uniform. And also for the photo.



from right: Celine, Karla, Chiara, Jess, Sophie and I

An performing a Rakugo (japanese sit- down comedy)

Me receiving the certificate from Mrs Maw

All international girls singing a song

photo with Maggie and Mrs Maw

1 Kommentar:

  1. The farewell was so sad :(
    I was so happy that I was not the only one wearing school uniform! Thanks for that <3
    After all we are St. Hilda's girls <3
    S.

    AntwortenLöschen